The 501 offers holistic care to our residents with memory-based needs due to Alzheimer’s disease or other dementias. Our thoughtfully designed spaces feature safe and secure living in beautiful apartments for maximum comfort. And a supportive staff is on the other side of the door, should any need arise.
The 501 at Mattison Estate utilizes a philosophy called Positive Approach to Care™, developed by internationally acclaimed dementia care expert Teepa Snow. The approach recognizes an individual’s changing abilities, which leads to an adjustment of expectations and delivery for the most appropriate care at any given moment.
Our team uses adaptive scheduling to make sure residents can engage in activities that match their needs and interests, such as:
- Core strength, balance and mobility exercises
- Cultural and community engagement
- Family events
- Intergenerational connectivity
- Individualized life skills
- Social interactions with large and small group activities
- Spiritual programs
Our memory care is committed to creating the best possible environment for your loved one. We share in their accomplishments and struggles, and we meet our residents wherever they are on their dementia journey.
At The 501, our memory care program offers customized help with activities of daily living. Typical areas of support include:
- Assistance with meals
- Cognitive memory-building exercises
- Dressing for the day
- Getting ready for bed in the evenings
- Medicine management
- Medical appointments
- Occupational therapy
- Ongoing safety and security monitoring
- Physical therapy
- Psychiatric support and treatment
- Speech therapy