A positive approach to care
We employ a philosophy called Positive Approach to Care ™ which was developed by internationally acclaimed dementia care expert Teepa Snow. The approach incorporates the recognition of an individual’s changing abilities leading to an adjustment of expectations and delivery of the most appropriate care at every given moment.
A team of care specialists
Connections is designed to provide dedicated support to residents and their families, so our staff shares in the residents accomplishments and struggles as well as their preferences and idiosyncrasies.
The Connections team – from our Health & Wellness Directors to our nurses, care and support staff – are specially trained and share an affinity for serving the unique needs of those with dementia. By working together with a diverse team of specialists, we offer a collaborative approach.
This allows us to consider all aspects of the emotional, social, physical and spiritual needs of each individual in order to develop a very individualized plan of care.
Connections memory care services
- Routine housekeeping and personal laundry
- 24-hour dedicated staff
- Scheduled transportation and trips
- Roomy apartments with big windows and high ceilings.
- A state-of-the-art health and wellness center
- A calming and comfortable environment featuring large windows that allow the outdoors “in”
- Our culinary staff creates and oversees a savory and nutritious menu using the freshest seasonal ingredients. Residents can enjoy light fare options and enjoy favorite meals and flexible dining options available throughout the day and evening. We also accommodate special diets.
A full, active lifestyle
Connections residents pursue a full, active lifestyle, experiencing the full mosaic of life. The Connections programs offer opportunity and encouragement to engage in activities including:
- Core strength, balance and mobility exercise
- Social interactions with large and small group activities
- Individualized life skills pursuits and an adaptive schedule of programming to match each individuals interests.
- Family events
- Cultural and community engagement
- Intergenerational connectivity
- Spiritual programs
- Physical therapy
Throughout, Village Crossing’s stated mission is “to be the best home for each resident – every day.”
We would love to show you our mission in action! We invite you to visit Village Crossing at Worman’s Mill and learn about the full range of services and amenities offered through our Connections Memory Care program.