A new strain of a respiratory illness called coronavirus disease 2019 (abbreviated “COVID-19”) is spreading in many countries around the world.
Older adults are at greater risk for serious complications from COVID-19. We are intently focused on keeping our communities safe from infection.
“We have reviewed and expanded upon our tiered Heightened Infection Control Policy and Procedures,” said SageLife’s Vice-President of Operations, Kim Smith, “We have reinforced the procedures with all of our staff and residents to ensure that we are prepared should an outbreak take place.”
- Effective March 13, our communities are restricted from visitation, including family members.
- Staff training has been conducted around Standard Precautions/Infection Control and Infectious Diseases – Prevention and Spread of GI, Viral, and Respiratory Outbreaks and awareness of symptoms in themselves, residents, and visitors.
- Exceptions to the visitor restriction are: medical and emergency response personnel and hospice caregivers and family members of residents receiving end of life care. These visitors will be subject to the enhanced screening protocol outlined below.
- We continue to follow stringent and frequent sanitization procedures using hospital grade disinfectant on all surfaces in the community.
- We are using the CDC’s Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Preparedness Checklist for Nursing Homes and other Long-Term Care Settings.
- Special Circumstances Areas have been identified and prepared in each community for isolation purposes.
- Staff and residents are being screened daily for temperature and symptoms.
These are stressful times and being unable to spend time with loved ones can add stress. We are facilitating FaceTime or Skype calls so that you can keep in touch with family members face-to-face. Just call your community for more information about organizing calls.
We will keep residents, families, and staff informed during this rapidly evolving situation. We understand the hardship of not being able to visit your loved one and will lift this restriction as soon as it is safely possible.
If you have specific questions, please contact the Executive Director or General Manager of your community for more information.
Enhanced Screening Protocols
- An enhanced screening questionnaire will be completed by anyone requesting entry to the community.
- Visitors will be screened for fever. Anyone with a temperature over 100.3° will be denied access.
- Visitors will be screened for signs of respiratory symptoms and questioned about their travel history.
- Visitors must perform mandatory hand washing immediately upon entry.
For more information on prevention of the coronavirus, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
The Maples: 410-296-8900
Plush Mills: 610-690-1630
Daylesford Crossing: 610-640-4000
Kyffin Grove: 267-460-8100
Echo Lake: 484-568-477